Having been blogging/writing for 8 years, I’ve experienced times when I have a “writer’s block.” You know, when you desperately want to write something, but nothing comes out? When everything you write feels like crap. When you are already behind deadline in your to-dos but your mind isn’t cooperating.
I feel you. In this episode of PE Podcast (PEP008), I share 7 tips to break out of a writer’s block and get into the flow of writing. These tips will apply not just for writing, but any form of work that involves creation: drawing, composing, podcasting, video creation, entrepreneurship, software development, etc. Learn
- 7 timeless tips to address writer’s block
- The importance of your environment in writing/creating quality work
- What to do when you have an article/topic that isn’t working out
- What to do when you’re stuck when writing a chapter of a book
- What is “filling your tank” and why you must always do it
- What it means to have energy that is “murky” and how to have peak energy instead
- The one sure way to stifle your creativity… yet everyone does it all the time!
- Difference between (negative) comparison and benchmarking, and why the former is bad
- Why 10-time Grammy Award Winner Adele’s music is so hugely successful
- How mega companies like Airbnb and Whatsapp got founded
- The increasing noise of the internet and what to do about it
- One thing that was blocking me from creating in the past year and how I tackled it
Addressing writer’s block shouldn’t be about “waiting for inspiration to strike” because inspiration may well never strike. By proactively modifying your environment, changing your mindset and changing your writing approach, you will find that prolific writing is something that can happen right away. This podcast will help you do that.
- Listen via web player: http://personalexcellence.co/podcast/8/
- Listen via iTunes: http://personalexcellence.co/itunes/
- Listen via Stitcher: http://personalexcellence.co/stitcher/
- Anti-Procrastination Program [PE Course]
- 10 Rules of Super Productive People [Book]
- How to Say No — PEP006 where I share tips to say no
- Why You Should Stop Comparing Yourself With Others (and How to Do So)
- My Fasting Experiment
- How to Find Your Soulmate (series)
- Aha Moments: How World Icons Got their Ideas and Inspiration [Infographic]
- Are You Giving Your Attention to Empty Vessels?
- How to Overcome Perfectionism (series)
- Why I Got Depressed Writing My Book: Your Guide Through Development Hell
Image: Paper crushed